I don't know if you are the goal setting type but I recently started listening to Gretchen Rubin's podcast, Happier and loved her suggestion of 18 things to help you be happier in 2018. Since I am always looking for more ways to create happy memories with my family and help you do the same, so I thought this was a great idea! The best thing about it is that you can put even simple or one time things like taking a Sunday walk together, or checking out the new exhibit at the science centre. things that maybe you've been saying you should forever but just never get around to doing. I've come up with 18 things I'd like to do or focus on this year with my family to help us do things together this year (we are masters of putting things off!) and make some fun memories in the process. If you think this is a great idea too, I'd love to see what you put on your list! Here's the Skinner family's 18 for 2018:
1. Send birthday cards to extended family.
2. Write thank you notes to Grandparents & Great Grandparents after receiving gifts and or mail from them.
3. Read 4 Novels aloud together.
4. Celebrate a minor holiday. (I'm thinking Pii Day or perhaps May the 4th - Star Wars Day?)
5. Go on a monthly family hike.
6. Bake something together.
7. Plant some Veggies.
8. Have some cozy campfires in Fish Creek Park.
9. Go on a trip without the kids (!)
10. Host playdates with friends once a month.
11. Give everyone a hug and kiss (if they'll take one! #boymom 😉) before school and before bed.
12. Daily family scripture study and prayer.
13. Go camping somewhere new.
14. Plan a weekend to visit cousins.
15. Go to the library (and return our books on time!).
16. Do a project together from frugalfunforboys.com
17. Run a fun run race together.
18. Get everyone involved in learning more about our family history.
The great thing about making a list like this is it helped me see that I can make these things happen! I could make the list, forget about it and get bogged down in the everyday slog of making dinner and folding laundry but I can also make each and everyone of these things happen! Have you made some plans to make some sweet memories with your family this year? I'd love to hear what you've got planned, I'm always looking for new ideas! I hope you also take lots of photos to remember the sweet memories you are making with your family and not letting them collect dust on your hard drive. To make it fun and super easy to record and share your 18 for 2018, I've put together a library of photo overlays that I hope will help you make and record more of life's best moments. Just sign up HERE for instant access (I've even got an easy, step by step tutorial to show you how to use them!
Enjoy those sweet moments!